Want to work for yourself, but have no idea where to begin? Start by assessing yourself first.
Begin receiving our weekly self-assessment challenges for just $20!
Self-employment isn’t just about starting a business. It’s a mindset and a lifestyle, one that requires a change in the thoughts and habits surrounding how you use your money, time and energy.
The first and most important step of self-employment is self-assessment.
Your life is the sum of your habits. You are what you do. Your habits are guided by your thoughts and your subconscious mind.
Learning about yourself requires identifying your behavioral patterns through a process of self-experimentation. Your experiments will show you how to change your habits for how you spend your money, time and energy, so you can design your ideal lifestyle and work on your terms.
Begin your process of self-experimentation now by registering for our weekly self-assessment challenges to help you find your purpose, increase your personal productivity and boost your energy!
The First Step of Self-Employment
It’s not getting an EIN, opening a business checking account or even having a viable business idea. It’s assessing your first and most important resource: yourself.
It also happens to be the most overlooked step because know one ever taught you how to really learn about yourself. There is so much to know about your mindset, habits and behavioral patterns that can and will have a dramatic impact on the development of your business.
Just a few of the things worth learning about include:
- How you spend your money.
- How you spend your time.
- How you build and maintain relationships.
- How you manage your energy.
- Your ability to be creative and to create.
- Your emotional intelligence.
- Your values.
- Your personal requirements for being productive.
- Your strengths.
- How you deal with your fears.
Learning all the best business practices and tactics in the world will not sustain your motivation and make you successful if you don’t get clear on your values, needs and abilities first.
Self-experimentation is the most effective method for getting this clarity. It gets you out of your head by making you take action!
Taking the time to assess yourself will give you the ability to choose the business model and tactics best suited for you, not just what works for other people.
Goals for Each Challenge
- Develop a self-awareness practice to continually increase your personal productivity.
- Understand how to identify and change unproductive habits.
- Learn about areas of your life that need improvement and strengths to focus on.
- Clarify the purpose of your life and work.
- Explore business models and ideas that are in alignment with your core work habits.
Get the Most From Each Challenge
When you sign up, you’ll receive a new weekly self-assessment challenge every Sunday for the next 12 weeks.
To make the most of each challenge:
- Focus on just one challenge for the entire week.
- Take a minimum of 15 minutes each day to perform the challenge.
- Keep a journal to track your progress and to cultivate your self-awareness habit. (Learn more about why writing daily is so important.)
- Ask a friend or colleague to do challenge with you to encourage personal accountability.
For just $20, find the answers you’ve been seeking! The better you know yourself, the greater clarity and confidence you’ll have to finally figure out how to design work that works for you!