We brought back Josh Hoffman to discuss how to spend more time on the work you love and less time on the work that makes you feel miserable.
Back in episode 106, Josh taught us all about lifestyle entrepreneurship. It’s one of our most popular interviews! I’m guessing many of you are seeking an alternative to the time suck of conventional employment!
After making a pivot from his previous venture, Epic Freelancing, Josh is now helping people master their time.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- You don’t have to move somewhere exotic to be a remote worker or digital nomad.
- Why even those who have mastered their craft can only do about 4 hours of creative work per day.
- Josh’s tips to start becoming more productive right now.
- How to make more time in your day to work on your business or side hustle, even if you have a full-time job.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Align your habits
- Manage your energy
- Plan your actions
How Josh Works and Thinks
- Ideal work environment: From his home, using his deep work checklist to optimize his environment for productivity, with his phone put away.
“Time is, by far, our number one asset today. All of us, in some capacity – whether you’re a freelancer, an entrepreneur, an employee – we are all, in one way or another exchanging our time for other people’s money.”
“You can create more time if you’re a little bit more strategic and surgical about how you’re viewing your day and taking advantage of technology.”
“The more you do something, the faster you’re going to get there, assuming you’re doing the right stuff.”
When life in general or just the given day don’t go to plan, Josh advises these mindset shifts to stay productive:
1) Deal with things as they come up.
2) Even though you can’t plan for everything you life brings up, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be proactive and plan your days.