I’m always telling our Accelerator members, you aren’t going to just think your way into growing your business, you also have to feel it too! Adam Johnston wants to inspire you to use your intuition to build your business.
He’s co-founder and CEO of Last Call Trivia, a company that produces hundreds of trivia shows around the country each week.
As he’s built his business over the past 12 years, he’s realized using his intuition is crucial when hiring people and knowing which new opportunities to pursue.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How he slowly grew his business before he was able to go all-in on it.
- Keeping your remote team engaged with each other and your business.
- What it was like to be starting this business during the Great Recession.
- How to hire for values and not skills alone.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build your community
- Embrace discomfort
- Align your habits
How Adam Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:30 – 6:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Manage his flock and communicating. 2) Fixing problems. 3) Staying thirsty and driving the vision.
- Ideal work environment: Alone, to avoid distractions.
- Superpower: Interpersonal communication.
- 90-day goal: Get their bingo product rolled out and to develop a new scale model.
“It’s about the experience, being there. We want technology to be in your pocket and we want you to have time with your friends.”
“I’m all about being present and trying to find flow and go with it.”
“Habits are everything.”
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Adam