If you’ve been listening to this podcast long enough, you know the only right way is the way that’s right for you!
Jessica Thiefels wants to inspire you to trust yourself to figure out your own work. She’s going to provide you with so many different examples from her career about why getting out of your head and into trusting your gut will serve your career so much better.
She’s the founder and CEO of Jessica Thiefels Consulting. She helps businesses develop content marketing strategies and she’ll share some ideas about how to gain attention for your business without buying ads!
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- The difference between organic marketing and paid advertising.
- How and why Jessica weaved back and forth between self-employment and full-time work.
- Her most important piece of advice about SEO.
- What she did to be more intentional about making changes in her career.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Plan your actions
- Self-direct your learning
- Build your community
- Practice self-awareness
- Trust yourself to figure out your own work
How Jessica Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 8:00 – 9:30 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Emailing. 2) Writing or editing. 3) Engaging on social media.
- Ideal work environment: Usually working from home, sometimes she has to go to a coffee shop, but always somewhere with natural light.
- Regains focus by: Putting headphones on and listening to music.
“That’s why I can bring so much to the table, because I’ve done a little bit of everything.”
“As I continually had really bad managers, I continually thought, ‘I could do this better.'”
“You just have to be consistent. You know, if you throw enough out there, something’s going to eventually stick.”
“That’s one of my favorite things about running this business is it all feels worth it, because at the end of the day, I’m the one making decisions.”
If you’re not sure how to listen to your gut, Jessica shared this advice:
1) Get quiet with yourself and think of it as intentional silence if meditation seems inaccessible.
2) Bring a question or a thought into that moment to help guide you.
3) Try journaling and writing out the words in your head to help your intuition come through.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Jessica