They are co-founders of Next Gen HQ, a membership community supporting aspiring Gen Z entrepreneurs.
I had them on the show several years ago way back in episode 006 when they were both still in school, running their Next Gen Summit in New York City on the side.
They have made enormous strides in the development and growth of their business since then, so I want to share an update on their journey and how they think of the entrepreneur mindset with you.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Redefining what it means to be an entrepreneur.
- Fighting the pull of the status quo and how they did it.
- Why rest is a crucial work activity.
- How they’ve grown by evolving.
- Why we all need to embrace the entrepreneur mindset, even if you don’t work for yourself.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community.
- Self-directed learning.
How Justin and Dylan Work and Think
- Dylan’s wake up time: About 5:30 am
- Justin’s wake up time: Also about 5:30 am
- Dylan’s Core work activities + habits: 1) Prioritize. 2) Prioritize. 3) Prioritize.
- Justin’s Core work activities + habits: 1) Manage the cash. 2) Manage the team. 3) Simplify the messaging.
- Dylan’s Ideal work environment: Ideally with a view of a beach or being able to start the morning at a beach; having an hour or two in the morning, on his own, to make sure he’s taking advantage of his day and to prioritize effectively; having some good one-on-one time with Justin; and effective meetings with the right people.
- Justin’s Ideal work environment: Largely similar to Dylan, but also having his day has to be his own agenda and working less, but working super intensely.
- Dylan’s Superpower, according to Justin: Being a renaissance guy.
- Justin’s Superpower, according to Dylan: Stepping into everything with a beautiful, creative lens.
- 90-day goal: Bringing everything they’ve been working on together into the Momentum Membership, which you can stay up to date on by joining their newsletter.
“We all share an inner desire to achieve our highest potentials, that’s human nature.
“One of the core values we have at Next Gen HQ is to take complete ownership.”
“Growth only happens at the borders of our comfort level.”
“It’s work versus rest, it’s not work versus life.”
“It shouldn’t just be the few who stumble into the idea of entrepreneurship, it should be something that everybody can choose or not choose.”