Tabitha Carro is a former teacher turned entrepreneur, who felt burned out by her profession and found her independence by working for herself.
She also wants to share how to get paid more when you leave your job.
She helps small business owners learning how to use their smartphones for the majority of their marketing. You can learn more about her work at tabithacarro.com
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- The importance of being yourself, not perfect when communicating your messaging.
- How being risk adverse left her stuck in a stressful job.
- Why building multiple income streams has given her greater security than a traditional job.
- How to gradually transition out of a traditional job into your own business.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-direct your learning.
- Reframe your mindset
- Manage your energy
- Purge your life
How Tabitha Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 12:00 pm
- Ideal work environment: Outside with her dog, in the shade, with a lemon water.
- Gets back on track by: Giving herself time to be off track and not stress about it
- Favorite productivity tool: Google Calendar, Trello, and the HabitMinder app.
“It has just progressed and developed, the crazy things that you can do now that three to four years ago were just simply not possible on a smartphone device.”
“When you start to find your joy is not there with a certain task or activity, for me it’s definitely time to backtrack and see, ok, maybe there’s a better way to this more fun.”
If you’re interested in using your smartphone for marketing, Tabitha shared this advice:
1) Use Google Photos for free video and photo storage.