You’re in luck! It’s my pleasure to introduce you to a husband and wife team of professional organizers, Samantha Kristoferson & Emilio Jose Garcia. They refer to themselves as the personal trainers of organizing.
Since starting their business a few years ago they have helped a few hundred people declutter their lives.
Emilio is originally from Spain and Samantha is from Canada, but they met in New Zealand while both traveling on their own. Talk about fate, right?
When they decided to put down roots in Canada they started focusing on an important lesson from their travels: they didn’t need much stuff to be happy and to feel satisfied.
They wanted to share this lesson with others by starting a professional organizing business.
Some lessons from our conversation include:
- How purging your life can help you discover your purpose and transform all aspects of your life.
- How traveling abroad for two years showed them how to live with less.
- How they built their business using mentors and creating case studies.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Embracing discomfort.
- Purging and simplifying.
- Building community.
How Samantha and Emilio Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: Both wake up at 7 am.
- Ideal work environment: Samantha: It could be a busy café, sitting in her Lazy Boy chair in their living room or in the park on a sunny day.
Emilio: Likes the variety of working in different places.
- Superpower: Emilio can do anything with his hand and is great at researching. Samantha is very creative and she gives off lots of great energy.
- Book recommendation: Books by Seth Godin, and Neil Patel.
- Regains focus by: Jumping up and down, going for a walk, hitting the gym, cooking, listen to a podcast and meditating.
- 90-day goal: Developing online courses and content based on their workshops.
“We don’t always have control over the amount of money coming in, but we do have control over how much we spend.”
“We were spending way less money and having way more fun.”
“What is the lifestyle you love and how much does it cost?”
“It took us 4 years to narrowed down what our ideal service was for our clients.”
“We would do what we do for free, except we need money to survive.”
Samantha and Emilio share their advice for how to get your first clients:
1) Offer your product or service for free to create case studies.
2) Share your case studies at networking events and online. Sell your success stories.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Samantha and Emilio
Emilio Jose Garcia