Your starting point is yourself!
Angie Cole will inspire you to practice your craft to find your niche.
If you want to build a business in alignment with your values, you gotta build it from the inside out.
As a coach and guide, Angie says she likes working with gritty women who want to do work that lights them up. You can learn more about her work at Untaming The Wild.
She knew for a very long time that she was drawn to coaching, but it took her years of working with different clients and practicing her craft before she grew into her niche.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How Angie draws the distinction between coaching and consulting or teaching.
- How her tool of coaching grew from the seed of facilitation and training.
- What predictable patterns of stress she’s found as she levels up in her career and why it’s fruitful stress.
- Why outside tools can be helpful, but only when you have an internal sense of control.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Practice self-awareness
- Tell your story
- Align your habits
How Angie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: It depends on where she is, what’s happening, and what happened the day before, but often somewhere around 7:00am once she’s in a rhythm.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Take really, really good care of her clients. 2) Getting in the room with new people to make connections. 3) Nurturing her relationship with her new operations person.
- Ideal work environment: Little moments and swells of inspiration.
“We’re all working hard at something. I don’t want to be working hard at trying to fit in a place that’s not suited for me.”
“Just because it feels hard, doesn’t mean I’m doing it wrong.”
“You get to decide, you get to create the quilt of your life and it does not have to look just one way.”
“I don’t have time for busywork, I have time for important work.”
“The revolution we’re creating is about the freedom to choose.”
If you’re someone that’s truly interested in working from anywhere in the world, Angie sahred this advice:
1) Embrace the fact that there are no real rules for how to work in this way.
2) It feels confusing because we are constantly creating a new paradigm and that’s why it feels uncertain.
3) The way to learn how to do it is just by doing it.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Get your free Hall Pass from Angie (actually you are now getting upgraded to do a free 1-on-1 with Angie!) to be held accountable during the month of January 2019!