She’s a fully licensed doctor, but her approach is much more integrated than traditional Western medicine. She decided to go out on her own for two reasons: 1) to have more control over her schedule and 2) to have a closer relationship with her patients.
Here’s a quick snapshot of the path she’s designed for herself as a naturopathic wellness solopreneur . . .
- After just one month she already has enough patients to financially sustain her business. Yah!
- She now has complete control over her work schedule.
- Currently, she is brainstorming ideas for courses, so she can generate passive income.
I have to say, as I listened to her, she sounded like an old-timey doctor, but with a unique modern twist. I think we are all trying to find that balance between our humanity and the technology that is enabling us to create new work opportunities.
Some lessons in this episode include:
- Starting a solo practice: How to become a naturopathic doctor.
- Reframing your mindset: Holistic versus reductionist perspectives.
- Living your story: How to be more authentic.
And read below for Lindsay’s special offer for all listeners of the Life Skills That Matter podcast!
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story.
- Reframe your mindset.
How Lindsay Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: Varies between 6am to 9am; just after she wakes up she prays and then writes in her journal.
- Core work habits: Stays in touch with herself and builds very simple systems.
- Superpower: Kindness.
- Book recommendation: The Artist’s Way
- Wants to meet: Someone who is super web savvy and knows how to develop online courses.
- Unproductive habit: Wants to spend less time answering email.
- 90-day goal: Create 3 programs.
“I want to create win-wins for myself and for the next 7 generations.”
If you are a healthcare professional seeking a path to self-employment, Lindsay offers the following advice . . .
1) Find examples of work and business models you like. When you start looking for it, you’ll see it.
2) “Do not act until the mud clears.” As you discover self-employment opportunities that resonate with you, take your time committing to a new path. Embrace the process of self-discovery, until you gain a clear understanding of what it is you are truly seeking.
3) Journal daily. Writing each day as Lindsay does will help you slow down your thoughts, so you can pay better attention to your needs.
4) Be authentic. Lindsay defines being authentic as not only staying true to yourself, but also doing what you really like and getting what you really want from life.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Call Lindsay for a free 10-minute consultation about how you are feeling 206-364-1123.
She is also offering a 3-minute consultation at a reduced rate of $19 for all listeners of the Life Skills That Matter podcast.
To obtain either offer, just tell her you heard her interview on the Life Skills That Matter podcast!