Julie Broad wants to inspire you to write a book to make your message stand out! She shares why writing a book is one of the best ways to share your message, even if you don’t consider yourself an expert!
Her company, Book Launchers, helps entrepreneurs write, self-publish, and sell books to help boost their business.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why writing a book can be a great way to stand out, but may not be for everyone.
- Sharing your journey as your learn and experiment.
- Building a successful business from a small client base.
- Creating teachable hooks in your business.
- Pros and cons of self-publishing versus using a publishing company.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story
- Reframe your mindset
- Practice self-awareness
- Align your habits
How Julie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:30 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Marketing and sales through things like podcast interviews to build awareness. 2) Talking to potential clients. 3) Managing the team and ensuring they’re serving the clients.
- Ideal work environment: In a co-working space with people all around, but in an office to herself, and being able to drive her own schedule.
- Regains focus by: Going back to her weekly and daily plans.
- 90-day goal: Keep attracting new clients to build awareness and continuing to grow her team.
“Less than 1% of the population has written a book, so it’s a great way to stand out if you write the right book.”
“Just start helping people now and start putting that message out there now.”
“I would never go for perfection, but I always go for polishing.”
If you’re thinking about writing a book, Julie suggests taking these first steps:
1) Figure out why you want to write a book and what is driving that desire.
2) Identify your ideal reader and what they are going to get from the book.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Julie is offering a free guide on selling 1,000 books for under $100. Download it now at booklaunchers.com/sellbooks