Do you consider yourself to be curious? Coach Mark is going to inspire you to make a habit of your curiosity because that’s the true engine of your business!
We’re all curious! Even if you don’t think you are because curiosity is what makes us all human.
He has embraced that approach throughout his career from starting a hole-in-the-wall nightclub as his first business to booking a flight to China before he even had a visa to go to trade shows to learn how to source products to sell on Amazon.
Mark has his hands in a lot of different businesses today, from real estate, to graphic design, to now importing and selling products from overseas. He also has his own podcast, Power In A Half Hour.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Finding opportunities by studying other people.
- What he learned from barely making ends meet in his first business.
- Focus only on the first few steps ahead of you to keep moving forward.
- How Mark makes time for rest while still going hard on business ideas.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Reframe your mindset
- Embrace discomfort
- Self-direct your learning
- Align your habits
How Mark Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: Between 9:00 and 10:00 am
- Superpower: Learning how to train himself to create habits.
- Book recommendation: The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Regains focus by: A journaling exercise modeled on Evernote Scott.
- 90-day goal: To launch a few new products
“I get up and do whatever it is that I want to do for that day.”
“Once you learn to develop yourself, then every opportunity will be the right opportunity.”
If you want to gain the freedom Mark describes of waking up every day to do what you want to do, but have no idea what it is you want to do, Mark had this advice for getting started and focusing on an opportunity:
1) Work on developing yourself and once you become the right person, every opportunity will be the right opportunity.
2) When you’ve developed yourself, you’ll know what is and isn’t the right thing for you.
3) Read biographies and listen to interviews of successful people to learn from their paths.