Iggy Perillo shares how to start a mastermind, so get support from your peers as you build your business.
Iggy is a leadership coach and the founder of WSL Leadership Coaching, helping teams improve their communications by improving their relationships.
She’s also a member of our Spring 2020 Accelerator and an amazing example of what can be accomplished in terms of getting your business off the ground in a short amount of time!
Lot of great lessons in our conversations including:
- The importance of telling the story of your work over and over.
- What it means to be a leadership consultant.
- How she is creating work that works for her.
- The basics of how to start a mastermind group.
- The process she used to price her initial service.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story
- Build community
How Iggy Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7:30 am
- Superpower: Giving people to a space where they can be authentic and real together.
- Book recommendation: The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey
- Regains focus by: Finding a piece of what she needs to be doing that she likes or wants to be doing.
- 90-day goal: Starting more masterminds and finding a better flow around content production.
“Connection is really what it’s about.”
“How do you lead in your work, how do you lead at your sport, or how do you lead in your life? And those all come together.”
“I end up doing a lot of sorting and vetting of people to make sure that that group is really gonna serve each other, and themselves, well.”
“Part of getting through being hung up on being perfect is being yourself.”
Want to work for yourself, but getting stuck in your head? Iggy shared this encouraging advice:
1) Identify the problem you’re going to solve – if you’re not solving a problem for someone, you have a hobby, not a business!
2) Find people that have the problem you want to solve and offer them the solution or ask them if your solution will solve their problem.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Iggy leading an Outward Bound dogsledding expedition as she mentioned in her interview!
Connect With Iggy