Kristie Burns shares how everyday life lessons help you build your business. She believes in building an integrated life, where work and play aren’t mutually exclusive.
She runs a variety of different businesses by integrating her various passions to guide children and adults through experiential learning processes from online courses, books, wildlife education and consulting. Learn more about her and the BEarth Institute at earthschooling.info.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why Kristie has taken a long-term approach to growing her businesses.
- Why a natural, experiential approach to education is a more valuable learning process.
- Why the most effective method for learning about business is by doing it.
- Kristie’s advice for people who feel like they aren’t naturally creative or curious.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Align your habits
- Self-direct your learning
- Practice self-awareness
- Manage your energy
How Kristie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:00 – 10:00 am depending on the season and her energy.
- Ideal work environment: When she’s moving or near nature and in her office-home, with a big picture window in the room where she does most of her work.
- Book recommendation: Anybody’s biography or autobiography.
- 90-day goal: Modernizing and updating their documents and offerings.
“I just sort of built on things rather than giving up one thing and going on to the next.”
“Find someone to inspire you. Find something to complement what you already have.”
“Creativity is just looking at things in your own unique way and you actually can’t help but do that because you’re unique and so the way you look at things is your own creative way of looking at them.”