Do you have money issues holding you back from gaining your work freedom? Ericka Young wants to inspire you to get unstuck financially.
She’s a money coach and founder of Tailor-Made Budgets. She and her husband were once deeply stuck in debt and then found their way out of it. Now she wants to show others it’s possible for them too.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- The concept of the “broke professional.”
- Common money mindsets that get people stuck financially.
- Ericka shares her methodology for getting out of debt.
- Why you don’t want everyone to love you or your business.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Reframe your mindset
- Purge your life
- Plan your actions
- Get unstuck financially
How Ericka Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Thinking about what will help her clients and working with them. 2) Bringing her personality to every conversation. 3) Finding ways to empower people.
- Ideal work environment: In the morning, at her sit-to-stand desk so she can pace her office.
- Superpower: Helping people to get unstuck.
- Resource recommendation: Dave Ramsey and The Money Guy Show
“I learned some of those lessons, I bruised myself in the process and just didn’t want other people to trip and stumble over themselves like I did.”
“If you believe you can do, you will.”
“If I can embrace change, I can grow, and then I can help more people.”
“To be curious is to be exactly where you need to be.”
Want to get more comfortable meeting people? Ericka shared this advice for how to do it:
1) To meet clients, just start reaching out and try to build a list – she sent out 100 letters with business cards, which turned into six clients!
2) To meet collaborators and network, try reaching out to people that align with you in one-on-one ways or try to get introduced to people through existing connections.
3) Be intentional by knowing who you want to talk to and why.
Resources + Bonus Materials