Andrei Bondarev shares how to find your niche by solving problems, as well as taking an inventory of your existing skills!
He’s the founder and CEO of Source Labs, a custom software development firm that works with all sorts of clients to solve all different kinds of problems from turning spreadsheets into apps to setting up e-commerce stores.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How to evaluate when certain projects or clients just aren’t a good fit.
- The value of bootstrapping by creating a prototype to gain feedback from your target customers.
- How he built his stream of leads to create a reliable income.
- Why taking an inventory of your skills and figuring out which one to sell is the simplest way to start your business.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-direct your learning
- Build your community
- Embrace discomfort
- Tell your story
How Andrei Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Selling. 2) Executing. 3) Strategizing.
- Superpower: Being able to take a step back and consider the problem from a bird’s eye view.
- Definition of success: Building long-term success from a series of short-term successes – being able to make the best decisions every step of the way and having them compound over time.
- Regains focus by: Using his Pomodoro plugin.
“The business is sort of a living organism that constantly changes and morphs.”
“Whenever people say that they don’t have time, I actually think what they really mean is that this is just not a priority.”
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Andrei