A lot of folks struggle to find their true passion and others believe it’s not possible to earn a living doing something you love.
Mallory Corlette believes you can find success in your interests. She has successfully built her business around her passion for problem-solving and organizing.
She started Office Accomplice to help small businesses manage their day-to-day tasks and internal workings.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why Mallory favors solopreneurship over other forms of entrepreneurship.
- Common obstacles holding entrepreneurs back from being more successful.
- Why there is no one right way to build a business or even how you work.
- Why Mallory uses an alarm to help her get more work done.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-direct your learning
- Reframe your mindset
- Plan your actions
- Manage your energy
How Mallory Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7 hours after she goes to bed.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Manage internal communications of the company. 2) Focusing on current client needs and how to serve them better. 3) All things related to sales.
- Favorite productivity tools: Asana and Quip
- 90-day goal: Get their internal training program up and running.
“I am getting so much more done than I used to because I have the discipline to give my brain a break.”
“The more I can clear my brain out, the better it is at focusing on what I want it to do.”
“You lose a lot of your excuses when you work on your own.”
To make sure she always has a steady supply of potential new clients, Mallory uses this method:
1) Talking about her business, but not selling it.
2) Trying to create connections rather than bringing up her business when she’s talking with small business owners.
3) Share your passions and people will often gravitate towards that.
Connect With Mallory