Alex French is going to provide you a master class in how to fight off failure to succeed.
He started working on his business 5 years ago and has only recently felt like he has financially succeeded.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why his first business idea was a failure.
- How he founded his business using KickStarter by first reaching out to 100+ blog influencers.
- His secret for overcoming the fear of rejection when reaching out to clients.
- The pros and cons of working with retailers versus Amazon.
- Why seeking investors are more trouble than they’re worth.
- Advice on how to fight off failure to succeed.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community.
- Self-directed learning.
- Tell your story.
How Alex Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:30 – 7:00 am
- Gets unstuck by: Going for a walk, or just doing something outside that often involves exercise.
- Ideal work environment: 9:00 – 10:30 am with lots of sunlight. Some day in a home office with a view.
- Definition of success at the start: Working for himself and not having a boss.
- Definition of success now: Being cash flow positive.
- 90-day goal: Landing commitments from 3 retailers.
“I’m on a mission to just be the best version of myself and that kind of translates into everything I do.”
“Are we gonna regret more if we don’t do it or if we do it and fail?”
“It’s one of the most fulfilling and exciting things you could ever do is to be able to do what you want every day.”
“Exercise and fitness are in parallel with entrepreneurship.”
Feeling a bit overwhelmed with the idea of starting a business? Alex shared this advice for exploring your idea:
1) You’ve got to write it down and answer key questions like: Who your target market? What problem are you solving? How are you solving it?
2) Tell every single person you can about it to create emotional contracts.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Use code BZYLSTM20 to get 20% off Bizzy Coffee on Amazon. Offer expires 08/31/2020.
Connect With Alex