Brice Clark is going to inspire you to go for it, to jump in and to get out of your head by learning from the experience of your actions.
He is the founder and CEO of Spark Events. Last year he produced over 300 events, from weddings to 5Ks.
He manages over 30 full and part-time employees and his biggest monthly billing was $60,000! He’ll share his advice on how to build an event planning business of your own.
Here are just a few of the ways Brice has gone for it in his business:
- He got is first DJ gig in the 8th grade without any experience being a DJ.
- He DJ his first wedding without ever have attended one.
- Now he wants to manage his first event abroad in Italy.
Don’t get the wrong idea, it’s not that Brice doesn’t plan at all, he views planning as preparation, but then leaves himself open to new opportunities.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning.
- Building community.
How Brice Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:30 am
- Core work habits: 1) Maintaining relationships 2) Working on the direction of his business 3) Growing sales.
- Ideal work environment: When he is well rested, eating well and physically active. He prioritizes his tasks and starts with the easiest takes to gain momentum. He prefers working in the morning listening to music.
- Book recommendation: Living Forward by Michael Hyatt.
- Regains focus by: Removing himself from where he feels stuck or going for a workout.
- Favorite productivity tool: Front App email client.
- 90-day goal: Moving offices, working on some HR policies and researching software to manage their tasks.
“Learn from your mistakes and improve for the next time.”
“If you think there is a perfect time to start (your business), there’s not.”
“Don’t be content with where you are, always be willing to take a chance.”
If you want to create an amazing and engaging event, Brice offers this advice:
1) Communication. Understand the goal of the event and the desired outcome.
2) Planning. Prepare and anticipate as many details as possible.
3) Be creative. Find different ways to express goals to surprise and entertain.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Image of Quadrant Task Management System Brice referred to in our conversation:
Planning a destination event? Brice is offering special discounts on his event planning services for all Life Skills That Matter listeners!
Click here to obtain the promo code now.
(Offer valid for 30 days from the release date of this episode.)