Jackie Woodside wants to teach you how to create work that energizes you!
So often, we can get caught up in preserving our own status quo because it feels safe and familiar, but might you be missing out on by remaining stuck in that default position?
Jackie is a coaching consultant for coaches and has been a coach herself for 27 years!
She’s written 3 books on raising consciousness, including Calming the Chaos, Time for a Change and Money Vibe. She also teaches a leadership course in sign language at Gallaudet University in Washington, DC.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How Jackie defines consciousness.
- The process for distilling a personal mission statement from the inside out.
- How to manage your energy.
- How to create a path of peaceful productivity.
- Jackie encourages you to ask yourself, “What do you really want your life to be like?”
- How journaling enables you to gain a new perspective on your thoughts.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Manage your energy
- Embrace discomfort
- Tell your story
- Align your habits
How Jackie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: About 6:10 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Speaking. 2) Teaching. 3) Coaching.
- Ideal work environment: Alone, between her three different houses around the country, in a quiet place, often near the water when the weather allows. Anywhere with beauty and solitude.
- Superpower: Her belief in her principles and unwavering commitment to aligning her life with what she loves and believes.
- 90-day goal: Train another 20-25 coaches to help spread her message and then have a retreat with all her coaches in the fall.
“You’re either living your life by design or by default.”
“Teach what you know.”
“Productivity is consistently getting more done for what is most important to you.”
“It’s about accomplishing what matters to you, it’s not just about getting more stuff done.”
“Writing a book is easy. Getting it into people’s hands is a lifetime of work.”
Living your values can require some big changes in your life! Jackie shared this advice to get you started:
1) Doing self-reflection inventories like her Circle of Life Satisfaction and Values Alignment Inventory to compare behavior to values.
2) Start by working on the area that has the greatest misalignment that’s also bugging you the most.
3) Set small goals every day and week to bring greater alignment.
If you’re feeling really drained of energy right now, Jackie recommended the following ways to start addressing that and feeling more energetic:
1) If you feel physically drained, look at your sleep, your diet, and your exercise habit.
2) If you’re feeling more of an emotional drain, start by asking yourself what you really want your life to be like.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Jackie’s color-coded calendar we discussed in her interview . . .