Do you wish you could understand what’s on someone’s mind, so you could make a better decision?
Don’t we all! Dan Hill wants to inspire you to create meaningful connections reading faces.
He’s the founder of Sensory Logic and an emotions expert, helping large organizations make big decisions using facial coding. He’s also the author of Emotionomics: Leveraging Emotions for Business Success.
Reading facial expressions can help you better understand how people feel and what they are really thinking! This is a super important skill as you build relationships with potential customers for your business!
Dan’s curiosity and thirst for learning is infectious. He’s an example for us all on how to never stop learning!
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How he landed several jobs with no experience.
- When he discovered his superpower for reading facial expressions.
- Why you already know how to read faces better than you might think.
- How reading one article changed the course of his career.
- Why he kept researching and experimenting with his crazy business idea despite being doubted by his father and one of his mentors.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning
- Build community
How Dan Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:45 am
- Ideal work environment: In the morning, typically before noon, and working in collaboration with other people.
- Superpower: Persistence matched with curiosity.
- Regains focus by: Taking a walk to regain perspective.
- 90-day goal: Learn to use social media better.
“There’s a lot of good, reliable information that you can pick up from the face.”
“The face is the only place in the body where the muscles attach right to the skin. It is quick, real time data.”
“I could see the problem and I was interested in finding a superior solution.”
“Emotions, motivation, and recall are all linked together in the brain.”
Resources + Bonus Materials
Make Connections That Count With Karen Wickre (272)
Follow Your Curiosity To Fuel Your Motivation With Matt Rudnitsky (304)
Connect With Dan