Stephanie Scheller helps explain the difference between being a business owner versus business operator.
She’s the CEO and head sales trainer at Scheller Enterprises. She built her current business with her mom. She’s also an author, a 2nd-degree black-belt, speaker and podcaster. Check out her show Black Belt Selling on iTunes.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why it’s so important to understand every facet of your business.
- How personal development helped improve her sales skills.
- How to get comfortable asking for help.
- Recognize your trigger points that cause you to spin out of control.
- Why you should focus on sales more.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Practice self-awareness
- Manage your energy
- Self-direct your learning
How Stephanie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:30 am
- Ideal work environment: Curled up on her couch, in her cozy front room, with a giant drafting desk and massive pieces of paper, barefoot with a glass of wine.
- 90-day goal: Get the new business off the ground.
“You should do something new every day, or at least every week, because you never know when you’re gonna find something that you just will totally fall in love with.”
“The worst moments of my life happened when I stopped learning.”
Automating your business for the first time? Stephanie suggests looking at automating these areas first:
1) Busy work like emails, sending invoices, and calendar management.
2) Don’t look to outsource things like sales at first since you will almost always be more passionate about your business.