Nikki Groom is going to share how to build your business from the inside out instead of from the traditional outside in approach.
Lot of great lessons in our conversations including:
- Why you’ll never have everything all figured out when you start your business.
- How to explore and find your Why.
- She took slow, incremental steps into entrepreneurship, not a big leap.
- How to build your business from the inside out.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story
- Self-directed learning
How Nikki Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: Around 7:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Create space to work on the business and not in it, regularly. 2) Carefully manage her time. 3) Building in time away from the laptop for play and rest.
- Ideal work environment: In her chair at the desk, with her dog at her feet, just getting the work done.
- Definition of success: Having a bigger impact.
- 90-day goal: Launch her book to give it the best chance out in the world and fill the next round of her mastermind.
“When I first started my business, I had no idea just how many ups and downs there would be and how much self-growth would need to happen.”
“You’re not going to have one huge epiphany and figure everything out.”
“I help people really own their power and their purpose and step up as leaders.”
“There was no leaping, I just took a series of tiny steps, intentional steps, that got me where I wanted to go.”
Have you been thinking about working for yourself for a while, but feeling stuck? Nikki suggested these actions to start getting unstuck:
1) Trust your gut and if it’s nudging you towards a small step that you’ve been resisting, just take the step.
2) You don’t have to take a leap, you can just do one small thing and it will move you closer.
3) Read the final chapter of Escape From Cubicle Nation by Pamela Slim
Resources + Bonus Materials
Here are some photos of a workshop Nikki hosted at Camp Is In Your Heart in Colorado last summer and I had the pleasure of attending!
Connect With Nikki