Are you doing work you are truly passionate about or because it’s comfortable?Teri Ijeoma wants to inspire you to break out of your comfort zone to embrace your passion like she did.
She spent years working in education because she thought it was the more comfortable path instead of pursuing her life-long passion for investing in stocks.
Terri eventually broke free to help people travel by trading stocks. You can learn how at itradeandtravel.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How Terri used her education career to lay the foundation for her current business teaching people how to invest in stocks.
- How she used stock trading as her exit strategy from her job.
- The 4 steps Teri has identified to help people invest in the stock market, based around breaking down myths.
- Why you value money differently when you work for yourself.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Manage your energy
- Reframe your mindset
- Embrace discomfort
- Plan your actions
- Break out of your comfort zone
How Teri Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7:45 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Speaking. 2) Putting together her course. 3) Trading.
- Superpower: Teaching.
“I needed a job where I could work from anywhere and where I could be free.”
“Of course, you win some, you lose some, because you’re learning.”
“We don’t realize it, but when our spirit really wants us to leave somewhere, we’re also not doing our job as well.”
If you’re interested in traveling for extended periods of time while you’re working, Teri shared this advice:
1) Download a really good VPN (virtual private network).
2) Think about how time differences will affect your work.
3) Take plenty of time to enjoy your trip!
Resources + Bonus Materials
The Secret To My Morning Routine
Get 10% off Teri’s VIP Investor Program
Why You Are Your Most Valuable Asset With M.C. Laubscher (254)
Connect With Teri