Lane Kennedy joins us today to empower you to live in alignment with your values to live your fullest life without burning out.
Like most of us, maybe you, she has endured periods of burnout. She wants to inspire you to stop and reflect more before burnout forces you to do so.
Lane is a wellness coach, a writer, a podcaster, and a biohacker helping people live healthier, happier, and more satisfying lives. Learn more about her work at Upgraded Woman.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Lane’s career was guided by what she wanted to do, not what she thought she was supposed to do.
- Why you need to become a self-directed learner.
- Why your values are the foundation of our decision-making process.
- How her approach to mindfulness-based stress reduction opens her clients up to new ideas.
- If you aren’t into meditating, Lane offers some alternatives.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Manage your energy
- Practice self-awareness
- Align your habits
- Build your community
How Lane Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:30 – 6:40 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Constantly be talking to people. 2) Being in community. 3) Following up.
- Definition of success: When she falls asleep, if she’s happy and asleep within 6 – 7 minutes.
- Regains focus by: Looking out the window into the bay.
- 90-day goal: Increase revenue, bring on a new teammate, get her book published and out on Amazon.
“The greater that we fall into alignment with our purpose, the quicker people start to see that and they’re like, ‘oh, I want to hang out with that person.'”
“If you’re not on your path, the path is going to force you to find it and you’re gonna have to change.”
“If you are in alignment with your values, then the world opens up.”
For anyone who’s feeling really stuck, Lane had this advice to start getting unstuck:
1) Take time to think about what you want your life to look like.
2) Write down what you want to get it out of your head and onto paper so that you can visualize it.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Go to UpgradedWoman.com/lifeskills to get a free sleep guide and other resources
Connect With Lane