Work is broken. Fix it by creating your own work.
Everything you know about work is about to completely change. You’ll soon be working more autonomously in the automated economy. Learn the skills to create your own work now.
Submit your email below for an advance PDF copy! (Coming 2020)
Do you feel stuck in your work?
Do you know why more and more of us feel stuck? You’re playing the old rules to a new game you don’t even realize you are playing!
The future of work is going to look more like self-employment because ever so slowly, each one of us is assuming more and more decision-making responsibilities over every aspect of our work.
Regardless of your profession, the concept of work as you know it is transforming in 4 fundamental ways:
1) A permanent state of accelerated change is making work less permanent.
2) Management is becoming less decentralized.
3) Routine work is being automated.
4) The mass market is disintegrating into infinite niche markets.
What does that all mean for you?
These trends are undermining the value of conventional employment by rewriting the rules of everything you’ve ever been taught about how to earn a living!
Here are some of my personal predictions for how work is changing and will continue to change:
- Resumes will become irrelevant.
- Showing your work will be more important than the corporate titles you’ve collected.
- Working on temporary projects will replace job interviews.
- The most valuable work will come from your relationships, not applying for jobs.
- Corporate speak will become a dying language.
- You’ll be judged on the quality of your work, not by how much you’re seen in the office.
- Writing your own job description will be more marketable than fitting into a job description.
- Where you live will no longer determine your available work opportunities.
- Conforming to the status quo is becoming less valuable.
- You’ll be valued for just being who you are.
- You’ll become unemployable.
Why I’m Writing This Book
I want to relieve your anxieties about work. We’re all getting more and more stressed out about work because the nature of work is changing.
I want you to enjoy the freedom of designing your own work in alignment with your values, needs and abilities.
I want you to be fully aware of the largest fundamental shift in our concept of work since the Industrial Revolution and what you can do about it.
I don’t want you to be stuck for 5 years like I once was because it took me so long to realize I was better off doing the only work left: working for myself by creating work in alignment with my values, needs and abilities.
I got stuck, so you don’t have to.
To create your own work, there are 3 forms of work we’ve all avoided but can no longer avoid:
1) Work on yourself. Practice self-awareness to own yourself by understanding your values, needs and abilities to provide you with a blueprint to create work that works for you.
2) Work on your relationships. Build an outreach habit to create a community of support. Humans evolved to work with each other. Nothing will accelerate your growth more than hanging with people doing what it is you want to do.
3) Work on creating. Harness the power of your natural curiosity by becoming a life-long learner. You no longer need permission to start working. Build your portfolio of work and solve problems for others to create value for them, as well as yourself.
As I research and write this book, I’ll be sharing it on my blog. If you have questions, what to challenge me or have any other feedback. I’d love to hear it.
I’ll be offering a limited number of free advance PDF copies of The Only Work Left. Claim yours now by submitting your email below!