Are you a teenager who wants to earn money
on your own schedule using your unique talents and interests?
Learn how to start a business this summer!
Program runs from June 7 through July 1, 2021
Who’s This For?
Teens ages 14 to 17 excited about earning money by starting their own business. Learn how to start a wide variety of businesses like:
#1 Service Businesses
- Pet care
- House cleaning
- Copy editor
- Tech support
- Photographer / Videographer
- Graphic Designer
- Media Editor
#2 Online Businesses
- YouTube Channel
- Social Media Influencer
- Social Media Manager
- Affiliate Marketer
- Digital Marketer
- Ecommerce Retailer
- Web Developer
- App / Software Developer
- Newsletter Subscription
Above is just a sampling of the different types of businesses we can help you get started!
What’s YOUR business idea?
What You’ll Learn
- Find and validate a business idea that’s right for your values, needs and abilities.
- Valuable life skills like self-awareness, self-management, budgeting, collaborating, building relationships and developing confidence.
- How to find, approach and develop potential clients to start earning money as soon as possible.
- Work with and be supported by a like-minded group of aspiring teen entrepreneurs.
What You’ll Gain
- One-page business plan describing the problem you’re product/service solves, how your solution solves that problem, your ideal customer and the core steps required to run your business.
- Engage at least 5 of your potential customers before the conclusion of the program.
- Digital presence describing your product/service by either creating a simple website or building a social media presence.
- Community of other teen entrepreneurs to help keep you motivated and to hold you accountable all summer long.
- Basic review of core legal, accounting and tax issues required to run your business.
- A unique experience to add to your college admissions portfolio that will make you stand out from the crowd!
Stephen Warley is a solopreneur business coach and founder of Life Skills That Matter. He’s been a serial solopreneur for the past 20 years and believes working for yourself is fast becoming the new way of working. He’s on a mission to help you create work that works for you in alignment with your values, needs and abilities.
Heidi Klauber is a self-awareness explorer who works with teenagers to discover who they are and who they aspire to be. She is a Myers Briggs and Positive Psychology professional specializing in teen self-awareness, self-care and self-compassion. Heidi is a fierce advocate and champion of human potential. She is the mother of two teenagers and is the creator of The Center for Human Potential.
Anjanette Rosas facilitates art classes for teens to nurture their creativity, imagination, and resilience. An illustrator herself, her whimsical paper art creations are just as bold, bright, and playful as her facilitation style. She has spent years guiding groups of teens on wilderness expeditions paddling across the Boundary Waters and is now looking forward to the next adventure – inspiring teens along their Life Skills That Matter entrepreneurial journey!
In addition to live group coaching, the following resources will also be made available to support each participant’s startup journey.
- Workbook with exercises, activities and questions.
- 1-on-1 check-ins with advisors as needed.
- Video tutorials to reinforce lessons and concepts shared in live video chats.
- Tech tools, frameworks, books, podcasts and other recommendations to facilitate the growth of each participant’s business.
- Private online community hosted on Discord, so participants can connect with each other and advisors at any time.
June 7 through July 1, 2021
WEEK #1 Find Idea
The Summer Startup Accelerator kicks off by learning how to explore your interests, your skills, your resources and your existing connections to find an idea that you are both excited about and can get up and running quickly!
WEEK #2 Validate Idea
Once you’ve identified your business idea, you’ll learn how to gather feedback from potential customers and to create experiments to validate your idea.
WEEK #3 Create Idea
Time to turn your idea into reality! Learn how to develop the basic systems to create your product or to deliver your service profitably and without burning yourself out.
WEEK #4 Sell Idea
Start earning money from your product or service by learning how to find, attract and engage customers, so you can earn way more money than working a traditional part-time job!
WEEKLY CHALLENGE | Mondays 7pm to 8:30pm ET
Each week kicks off with a group call via Zoom to present the challenge for the week ahead. We promise to make hanging on Zoom way more fun than what you might have experienced in school over the past year 😉
We’ll be asking for your input to help customize your experience and by creating hands-on activities to get you working on your business instead of listening to boring lectures.
Exercises, worksheets, video tutorials and activities will be shared to address as many different learning styles as possible.
MASTERMIND MEETUP | Tuesdays 7pm to 8:30pm ET
You’ll be assigned to a small group of 4 or 5 of your peers to meet each week to review the latest weekly challenge, so you can get your questions answered, support one another and set goals for the week.
SHARE PROGRESS | Thursdays 7pm to 8:30pm ET
At the end of each week, everyone has the opportunity to share their progress and to get feedback from the entire group about how to move forward during the upcoming week.
So how much does this cost again?
This month-long program includes live coaching video calls 3x per week, 1-on-1 sessions with advisors as needed, workbook, startup plan, video tutorials and daily support on Discord for just $500.
Here’s our guarantee to you:
If you don’t feel satisfied at any point during the Summer Startup Accelerator, even if it’s on the very last day, you can cancel your enrollment and we will offer you a full refund! No questions asked. Period.