We’d love to hear it!
We are seeking people to interview on Life Skills That Matter podcast that successfully made the transition from employment to self-employment.
We need your help! We are building an archive of stories to document the transformation of the American economy as it shifts from employment to self-employment. (Yeah, it’s really happening!)
We believe in self-employment for all, not just for a select few. We truly believe it is the future of work for the majority of Americans.
To make self-employment more accessible to a larger audience, we want to interview a greater diversity of self-employed people from a greater variety of professions who are creating a greater variety of business models.
We believe in the genius of the “everyday entrepreneur”. Your story has the potential to inspire more people to become self-employed!
Who Do We Want to Interview?
- Someone who works on their terms. They are self-employed.
- They own themselves 100% and make no apologies about who they are.
- They work in alignment with their values, purpose, abilities and needs.
- They want to help others succeed in life.
Additional characteristics, but not a deal breaker . . .
- They designed a unique or uncommon business model.
- Their current work makes them enough money for the lifestyle they want to live.
- They were once employed and it made them feel stuck.
- They are super passionate about what they do.
- They are very self-aware.
- They love learning new things.
- They love meeting new people.
- They have both freedom and stability.
Who we are NOT interested in interviewing:
- Someone who only works for money. (We are all for financial success, but we don’t believe money buys happiness, finding a purpose does.)
- Someone who does not want to serve the greater good.
- We generally don’t interview digital marketers, multi-level marketers (MLM), life coaches or business coaches, but we do make exceptions. (Not that we don’t value them, we just feel they are overrepresented in business and career podcasts, but we’ve been known to make exceptions:)
If you know someone who fits the above description or you do yourself, please submit your suggestion below right now!