- Remote Work: learn how to feel less overwhelmed and more productive working from home.
- Lost Business Income: identify different ways to pivot your freelance, consulting or solopreneur business to go after new opportunities to replace lost income.
- Laid Off: explore alternative work options if you’ve lost your job.
- Another Challenge? is there another work challenge you’d like us to explore? Let us know!
Feel less overwhelmed and more connected. Collaborate with like-minded people to gain clarity about how to move your work forward!
Submit your email below to receive updates on upcoming Solo Summit chats!
Recap of Most Recent Live Video Chats
Our vision for these live video chats is to offer people a place to connect with others, so they don’t feel like they have to deal with their work crisis all on their own.
We’ve specifically chosen the medium of live video chats so people can feel less isolated by connecting in real-time with other humans face-to-face.
These video chats aren’t webinars, trainings or lectures. It’s a facilitated conversation. Here are some guidelines to facilitate these conversations:
- This is a judgment-free zone. We want to create a safe space where people have the freedom to open up and to feel vulnerable.
- Your privacy is everything to us. These live video chats WILL NOT be recorded to protect your privacy and to make you feel as comfortable as possible, so you will share yourself on video to make these conversations more human.
- Give everyone a chance to be heard. We want to give everyone the chance to speak up and contribute, but please be mindful if you’ve taken more than your fair share of the limited time we have together.
- It’s OK to promote your work or business. As part of these conversations, we want to help everyone get more work. It’s OK to share NO MORE THAN ONE LINK in the chat during the live conversation.
To get the most enjoyment from chatting with us, our facilitators and your fellow attendees, you might want to make the following tech adjustments.
- Boost your Internet speed. Now that most of us are stuck in our homes, your Internet speed has probably slowed down significantly. If possible, make sure no one else in your household is using the Internet while you are participating in one of our live chats (or at least ask them to not watch any videos!) If you have an ethernet cable, you may also consider using that for faster speed. Here are some additional recommendations.
- We’d love to see your smiling face! Again, we chose to do live video chats because they feel more human. Many of us are craving more face-to-face contact right because of the social distancing guidelines. If you feel completely uncomfortable being on video or if your Internet speed is super slow, it’s totally cool to join us using audio only.
- Haven’t used Zoom before? If you haven’t participated in a live video chat using Zoom before, you might want to check out this tutorial to learn how to join a meeting (our live chat) or how to join by phone. Here’s how to use the basic features on Zoom.