Jordin James wants to inspire you to find your inner peace, so you can finally get to be yourself in your work and in every other aspect of your life regardless of what anyone else thinks!
She shares the many moments she felt stuck along her journey toward owning her true self to finally create the work she believes she was meant to do.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How Jordin defines “inner peace”.
- Start with “Why?” when you start your business, not How.
- The demotion she chose in her career as a civil engineer to give more space to her passion.
- Why self-compassion is the most important action for finding inner peace.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning
- Energy management
How Jordin Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:30 – 7:00 am
- Ideal work environment: At home, by herself, with a limited amount of space, and being able to leave and come back to her work as she needs to.
- Superpower: Being able to point people to the answers they already have inside of them.
- Definition of success: The feeling she gets after knowing she spent herself that day.
- Regains focus by: Being tender and vulnerable with herself.
- 90-day goal: Publish at least 5 stories on Medium every week and launch her new course on imaginary friends.
“‘How?’ is the last question you ask.”
“All right action stems first from awareness.”
“Self-awareness without self-compassion is actually really unhelpful.”
“In order to produce value, I need time, attention, and energy.”
Want to start a writing habit? Jordin shared this advice for getting started:
1) Write crappy stuff. Give yourself permission to be real ordinary and human.
2) Explore resources, like Jeff Goins.