Michelle Sims shares a very cool new concept in co-working and co-living called Roam.co, as well as her own experience working as a digital nomad.
As the global community manager of Roam, she helps digital nomads find community wherever they choose to work in the world. They have locations all over the world including Tokyo, Bali, San Franciso, Miami and London.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why Roam isn’t just for digital nomads.
- How they use their community model to support local charities.
- The changing definition of what it means to be a digital nomad.
- The opportunity to stick your roots into the local lifestyles.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community
- Embrace discomfort
- Purge your life
How Michelle Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 9:00 am
- Ideal work environment: In the co-working space with her earphones on, around 4:00 pm.
- Regains focus by: Going for a walk.
“When you travel solo, you really need that sense of community.”
“We’re definitely changing the way that people live and changing the way people travel and connect all over the world.”
If you’re thinking about taking a big journey and spending an extended amount of time in a new place, Michelle has this advice to take action and make it happen:
1) Don’t think too much about it since there is always so much unknowingness.
2) Just book the ticket and enjoy every moment.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Use code skillsthatmatter for $100 off when you book with Roam.