And not because you need to pay the bills, but of all the different ways of working, why do you work the way you do?
Samantha Attard is going to explore what it means to work with intention.
She is the founder of Spiro Collective.
She helps people find harmony in their natural rhythms, schedules and nutrition in multiple roles as a vegan cater, yoga instructor, coach and by selling health snacks based on your energy needs.
There are a ton of fascinating lessons in our conversation including:
- Difference between self-reflection and doubt.
- How different foods affect her energy level.
- Why she decided to create multiple revenue streams for her business and how they feed into each other.
- Power of persistence required to build her healthy snack business.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Understand your Why.
- Align your habits with your purpose.
How Samantha Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:00 am.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Building up sales for the snacks. 2) Being present to the community and being there for them. 3) Getting creative with sales and focusing more on that.
- Ideal work environment: On a beach, outside, at a standing desk, or somewhere with a view of the ocean.
- 90-day goal: Launch a seasonal granola product and have 20 new Ayurveda clients.
“We are blessed and cursed with self-reflective natures.”
“Doubt has an agenda, right? Self-reflection asks, ‘why did I do that?’ Doubt asks, ‘should I have done that?'”
“My job as an employer is to be a really good coach and to really support my employees now.”
“The one mistake I’ve never made is waiting until something’s perfect.”
To be more intentional about what and how you eat with respect to how it affects your energy and mood, Sam offered these starting points:
1) Try to not use a computer or any technology while eating. Try to be there to listen to your body and not be focused on a screen.
2) Set an alarm for 1 – 3 hours after you eat. Use that as a way to examine how the food makes you feel as time passes.
3) Understand that setbacks do happen. try to examine days as a post-mortem and see what may have happened.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon
Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon