It’s kind of a trick question because I always remind people that to be human is to be creative!
It’s in our nature.
Tania Katan wants to inspire you to unleash your creativity! And she means everyone, from accountants to dancers, and including you!
She’s an innovation trainer and a creativity speaker. I highly recommend checking out her best-selling book Creative Trespassing to help you sneak more imagination and creativity into your work and daily life.
Tania also busts several myths about what it means to be creative and shares lessons on how to cultivate your creativity.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Getting realistic about the time, energy and focus it really takes to work for yourself.
- If you don’t feel creative, Tania shares how to look for creativity in your daily life.
- The impact of going for a walk can have on your creativity.
- Why she recommends productive disruptions.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Reframe your mindset
- Plan your actions
- Align your habits
How Tania Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:45 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Write, write, write. 2) Listen, respond, learn. 3) Connect.
- Ideal work environment: A clean desk with all the mess somewhere she can’t see it, a glass of water, and a pad of paper with pens by her computer.
- Superpower: Humor
- Regains focus by: Going for a walk and sometimes a second cappuccino.
“Creativity can help people in every field.”
“When it becomes a barrier to you and your dreams, do it tomorrow, don’t do it today.”
“I did everything that my job asked of me, but the way I chose to do it was very different.”
“Reconnect with the mission and vision of the organization before you go out on your own. Sometimes we forget to go out on our own within a company or organization and that can be super beneficial.”