Melissa Convertino loves fashion. She shares how she turned her passion for fashion into a business.
She’s been passionate about it throughout her entire life. She even went to school for it, but life intervened to make her passion less of a priority until she decided a few years ago to start exploring it again.
This is such a great story on so many different levels!
If you are a stay-at-home mom, who has a business idea, but think you could never get it off the ground, Melissa will inspire you.
If you have a passion you’ve let languish, Melissas shares why it’s never too late to rekindle it.
And most importantly, you’re never going to be truly happy chasing after titles, instead look deep inside of yourself to discover what makes you really happy.
More great lessons in our chat include:
- How and why the store she now co-owns started out as a mobile store out of an old UPS truck.
- How she started to explore her passion for fashion again as a stay-at-home mom by starting a blog.
- How she met her current business partner by starting to hang with like-minded people.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning.
- Building community.
How Melissa Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7:00 am.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Planning. 2) Asking for help, even when you want to try and do everything. 3) Prioritizing your tasks.
- Ideal work environment: At the store or in her closet, being surrounded by what she needs to do and being inspired by the clothes.
- Regains focus by: Taking a break to clear her mind, sometimes reading or watching Netflix.
- 90-day goal: Focus more on new ideas for the store and promotion.
“I was bored and I decided to start a fashion blog and that definitely opened up lots of windows for me.”
“We’re not just going around and trying to sell things. We actually want to make you happy, we want you to feel good.”
For someone thinking about starting a store on Shopify, Melissa offered these tips:
1) Use Shopify as your real-time inventory tool.
2) Examine the statistics and demographic data Shopify gives and use that as a way to direct your marketing.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Get 20% off any styling package by emailing Melissa at email@example.com