Roobens Fils wants to inspire you to turn setbacks into opportunities and he’s had his fair share of them!
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How the pandemic forced him to finally get his book out into the world.
- If you get laid off, Roobens shares what you need to do to be prepared.
- Landing clients as he traveled the world.
- How to balance work with sightseeing.
- How long it took Roobens to earn the same amount of money as his last job.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story.
- Self-directed learning.
How Roobens Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 8:00 am
- Ideal work environment: In the office in his apartment, with no noise or distractions.
- Definition of success: Doing work you like, not having to think too much about money, and being happy with yourself.
- Regains focus by: Thinking about his motivation of loving the freedom of self-employment.
“I knew the rat-race wasn’t for me and this is when I decided it was time to work for myself.”
“That’s the beauty of being self-employed, you have the freedom to work whenever you want to.”
“I don’t wanna go back to the rat-race, that’s what motivates me: I make money, I make sure I stay free and work for myself. I just love being self-employed, being able to work from anywhere, and do what I want to do.”
Want to travel and work the way Roobens has? He shared these tips for making it happen:
1) Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
2) Don’t quit your day job without a solid plan: think about your skills, how you can make money, how long it might take to start bringing in money