Dev Aujla, has a bunch of fun exercises to help you take control of your life and work.
He is a recruiter and recently published the book, 50 Ways To Get A Job. He shares several of these exercises in our conversation, so listen up!
So back in May of this year, I was interviewed along with Dev by WYNC, the public radio station in New York City, about the gig economy. You can listen here.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Find direction by asking yourself questions like what is the path you want to walk, what is the way I want to work and what is my relationship with time?
- Dev’s practice of getting rid of tolerations.
- Use technology that serves you and your intentions.
- Why your emotions deserve a role in your decision-making process.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build your community
- Practice self-awareness
- Purge your life
How Dev Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: Around 9:00 am
- Ideal work environment: In between places and bouncing around, but also in his office that’s full of books, light, and plants.
- Definition of success: Really enjoying the conversations he has.
- Regains focus by: Running and spending time with his family.
- 90-day goal: Finding ground and recalibrating after his recent move and book release.
“It’s long arc relationships that actually, person by person, build movements and conversation by conversation.”
“The perfect job for you may not be that ideal job in your head.”
Of all the 50 ways to get a job that he’s identified, his favorite is:
Make a to-learn list for everything you want to learn personally and professionally as well as how you can take steps to start the learning.