William Brown wants to inspire you to show up in your work as yourself. Imagine what might happen if you did?!
He’s a business life coach who says he has business conversations with his clients as he listens to their lives.
I met William at the Camp Good Life Project two years ago and we have a shared dislike of labels because they stifle great conversations.
I recently went on his show, One Word Conversations, to discuss the word reflection. If you haven’t listened to our episode 318, learn why I’m calling this time we’re living through The Great Reflection.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why he couldn’t continue to live the life he thought he was supposed to be.
- Helping people bring their whole self into their work.
- How he turned his job as an audio/visual technician into a business for himself.
- Define your own labels.
- Show up in your work as yourself.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story.
- Reframe your mindset.
How William Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:30 am
- Ideal work environment: Around 4:oo pm after sitting down and asking himself what he wants to get done to make it a good day.
- Superpower: Listening deeply.
- Regains focus by: Slowing himself down and taking a deep breath.
- 90-day goal: Stay in communication with people and make the offer.
- Outreach method: Creating his live show to invite people on to have conversations.
“Depending on how life occurs to us, that’s how we’re gonna show up in it.”
“I really think the solopreneur will be the dominant way that people show up in work.”
“If I can unlock the people, then we can work on the systems.”
“The more that I embrace the things that I understand, don’t understand, but am curious about, the more that I can be in my life.”
Want to start exploring your labels? William shared these recommendations to get started:
1) Start off with awareness of how you’re showing up and the language you’re using.
2) Move towards accepting the labels that have affected you or that still affect you.
3) Embrace and own the way you’re showing up with these labels.
4) Let it go to access new ways of expressing yourself and the labels you want to choose.