Deep is addicted to starting side hustles. He’s done everything from flipping websites to web development to consulting on marketing to his own generation Z. And, get this, he’s only a senior in high school!
He also recently became an author with the release of his first book, A Paperboy’s Fable. It based on his father’s rags to riches story and the 11 principles that guided him on his journey.
A few cool lessons highlighted in our interview include:
- How Deep landed an interview with General David Petraeus for his book.
- The basics of how to flip websites for profit.
- How to get started as an influencer as a business opportunity.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning.
- Exploring your curiosities.
- Recognize opportunity.
How Deep Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7 am
- Core work habits: Writing, networking, and building an online personal brand.
- Ideal work environment: Likes it varied.
- Monthly income range: $500 – $10,000, depending on how much work he puts in.
- Self-reflection practice: 30 minutes at the end of each day writing down what he did and didn’t get done.
- Wants to meet: Seth Godin
- Regains focus by: Taking time off and getting away from work.
- Favorite productivity tool: Accompany
- Unproductive habit: Browsing social media.
- 90-day goal: Pass all his classes;)
- How to balance school, business, and social life: Do whatever is most important that day.
“Everyone is good at something. It’s just a matter of finding out what that one thing is.”
“Try 10 different things and see what you like and don’t like.”
“Skills are a way to empire.”
If you’re thinking of writing a book, here’s what Deep recommends to get started:
1) Make an outline first.
2) Write at least one page a day.