If you are unsure, Deep Patel exudes curiosity. He’ll share how he cultivates a habit of curiosity to recognize opportunity.
Deep is addicted to starting side hustles. He’s done everything from flipping websites to web development to consulting on marketing to his own generation Z. And, get this, he’s only a senior in high school!
He also recently became an author with the release of his first book, A Paperboy’s Fable. It based on his father’s rags to riches story and the 11 principles that guided him on his journey.
A few cool lessons highlighted in our interview include:
- How Deep landed an interview with General David Petraeus for his book.
- The basics of how to flip websites for profit.
- How to get started as an influencer as a business opportunity.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning.
- Exploring your curiosities.
How Deep Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7 am
- Core work habits: Writing, networking, and building an online personal brand.
- Ideal work environment: Likes it varied.
- Monthly income range: $500 – $10,000, depending on how much work he puts in.
- Self-reflection practice: 30 minutes at the end of each day writing down what he did and didn’t get done.
- Wants to meet: Seth Godin
- Regains focus by: Taking time off and getting away from work.
- Favorite productivity tool: Accompany
- Unproductive habit: Browsing social media.
- 90-day goal: Pass all his classes;)
- How to balance school, business, and social life: Do whatever is most important that day.
“Everyone is good at something. It’s just a matter of finding out what that one thing is.”
“Try 10 different things and see what you like and don’t like.”
“Skills are a way to empire.”
If you’re thinking of writing a book, here’s what Deep recommends to get started:
1) Make an outline first.
2) Write at least one page a day.