Fabian Dittrich wants to share how to make just enough money to live your ideal lifestyle.
He’s a nomad after my own heart and is as passionate as I am about showing others the possibilities of working for yourself. To pay the bills, he is an authorized ZenDesk partner. Learn more about his work at helpando.it.
However, what really excites him these days is free diving. His deepest dive was around 200 feet!
Lot of great lessons in our conversations including:
- How living on less money made him feel more connected with other people.
- The benefits of his traveler’s mindset.
- Why he doesn’t like the “fakeness” of the digital nomad lifestyle.
- Look for business ideas from work no one else wants to do.
- How to make just enough money to live your ideal lifestyle.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning.
- Building community.
How Fabian Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: In Montenegro, 6:00 am, but in Berlin he’s sometimes up until 6:00 am
- Ideal work environment: Either in his house in Montenegro with a view of the bay or sometimes in crowded places like coffee shops, with headphones on.
- Superpower: Openness.
- Book recommendation: Civilized to Death by Christopher Ryan and Vagabonding by Rolf Potts
- Regains focus by: Setting deadlines.
“The more you need help from others, the more you also help others.”
“We were just in the streets for the sake of being in the streets and our hobby became to interrupt people and pull them out of their routine and engage them in conversations and songs.”
“Everything good that happened in my life was because I randomly bumped into people traveling.”
“Novelty is healthy for the brain.”
Want to start letting your boundaries down and letting more people into your circle? Fabian offered
1) Imagine your regular routines are new and in a different place to gain a fresher perspective.
2) Don’t focus too much on your goal or where you’re going and make an active attempt to see your surroundings like you’re a traveler.
3) Do something different, outside of your routine – let novelty in.
Resources + Bonus Materials
I asked Fabian to share some photos of the gorgeous views he gets to see each day in Montenegro.
Connect With Fabian