Do you feel stuck right now? If you do, Marc and Angel Chernoff are going to share how to reframe your mindset to get unstuck, so you can be the master of what’s going on in your head.
They are the best-selling authors of Getting Back to Happy and 1,000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently and host an annual conference called Think Better Live Better.
They refer to themselves as “accidental entrepreneurs.” When they began their personal blog a decade ago to share what they were learning from their journey into self-development, they said they could have never predicted into would turn into a business one day that would financially sustain their family.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How they started to learn to change their mind by recording and challenging their thoughts.
- How their blog grew from a personal accountability tool into a business.
- Discover your path in life by answering the classic questions: What are you good at? What are you passionate about? What will people pay you for it?
- Do a raw brain dump in the moment when you feel intense emotions and stress.
- The value of focusing on the present and not the past or the future.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-direct your learning
- Practice self-awareness
- How to reframe your mindset
How Marc and Angel Work and Think
- Wake up time: Around 7:00 am with their son.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Getting at least one fresh blog article up per week. 2) Creating informative emails that add value. 3) Customer service and being there for the people they’re serving.
- Ideal work environment: For Marc, the ability to change locations, where locations have tasks associated with them. For Angel, being at home in the office.
“In the heat of the moment, when the emotion’s high, you’re not going to be able to always control yourself. The way you’re going to be able to control yourself is slowly reflecting on that.”
“The momentum builds with a process like this.”
“It’s a testament to the ritual of being passionate and actively involved in the thing we were doing.”
“You have to get in the gym with your mind every day to strengthen it.”
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Marc and Angel