Meredith Marder wants to inspire you to get work done in a way that makes sense to you!
She left her job at a corporate law firm a year ago to take better care of clients by learning how to take better care of herself. She works with small business owners to help them manage their risk.
Learn more about her work at marderlaw.co.
I’m a big fan of Meredith because she has participated in 3 of our Accelerators to help our members navigate various legal issues to get their businesses up and running.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why online legal documents designed to work for everyone end up really being one-size-fits-none.
- An experiment Meredith conducted that made her less available to her clients, but served them better.
- How to hire an attorney that’s right for you.
- What made her decide to start her own practice.
- How she runs her business in a client-centered way.
- The toughest part of working for yourself during her first year.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story
- Reframe your mindset
- Align your habits
- Manage your energy
How Meredith Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7.5 – 9 hours after she goes to sleep.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Continue servicing her amazing clients. 2) Continue paying her bills and getting her CPA the information she needs. 3) Writing and responding to emails.
- Superpower: Helping people see and understand their superpowers.
“I help people identify and manage risk. I help them figure out what risks are facing them and what they want to do about those risks.”
“When I am not ready to do something, there is always a good reason why.”
“The single best thing about self-employment is how much less anxiety I have in my life.”
“I just show up in the world and the people who are meant to work with me seem to find me.”