Natalie Sisson shares our mission to inspire you to get paid to be you.
She teaches women how to earn $10,000/month doing work that matters most to them.
Natalie is also known as the Suitcase Entrepreneur, helping people work from anywhere in the world.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Practice telling your story.
- Getting paid to be yourself takes effort.
- Why she’s not an advocate of having a backup plan.
- Identify your unfair advantage as the starting point for creating your business.
- How traveling the world helped her build her business.
- Why you want to build multiple revenue streams.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community.
- Self-directed learning.
- Tell your story.
How Natalie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:00 am
- Ideal work environment: Noisy, bustling cafes.
- Superpower: Making the complex simple.
- Regains focus by: Going outside to exercise or do something active.
- 90-day goal: Get her next book launched.
“It’s not that easy for people to see their own potential or their own superpowers.”
“It’s actually a really impressive skill to have, to give ourselves space and time to have independent thoughts about what we might want the world to look like.”
“My unfair advantage is that I make the complex simple.”
“There’s no business that can’t be taken online, taken digital, and expanded into multiple revenue streams.”
“What I love about niching is the more specific you can be, the more you can speak just to those people who need what you have.”
Thought about starting a course? Natalie suggested this first step:
1) Get really clear on what the problem is that you want to solve and who the person is that’s having that problem.
2) If you’re not quite sure, go talk to more people who may be able to help hone your idea.
Resources + Bonus Materials
UNTAPPED Episode 86 With Stephen Warley
The Freedom Plan by Natalie Sisson
Get Natalie’s free guide on getting paid to be you!
Bring All The Parts Of Yourself To Your Work With Liz Ryan (221)
Knowing When To Become Self-Employed With Aaron Watson (160)