Jessica Malone wants to inspire you to declutter to live your desired life.
She’s a decluttering coach and founder of Nacho Average Fro. Her goal is to help you live a life you love as she has been able to do.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Why decluttering was the one method that finally got her unstuck.
- Why she tackled her closest first to start decluttering.
- Anxiety about her job drove her to make a change in her life.
- Why convenience is preventing you from living your desired life.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Purging your life.
- Habit alignment.
How Jessica Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 9:00 am if she was up late or around 7:30 am otherwise.
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Sales. 2) Watching her recorded sessions to create new content. 3) Actively asking people for business.
- Ideal work environment: Basically anywhere with headphones in, as long as there isn’t extreme chaos.
- Regains focus by: Decluttering her mind through whiteboarding.
- 90-day goal: Sign up 50 people for her self-guided crash course.
“Of all the things that I tried, decluttering was the one thing that got to the heart of what was really keeping me stuck in every single area of my life.”
“Our physical stuff is just a manifestation of what we’re thinking, what we’re feeling, and the things that we deeply believe.”
“I love the idea of self-actualization, it’s one of my values, so why not take that and help other people do the same in their own life?”
“If I created all this stuff that I don’t like, then I have the power to create a ton of things that I do like.”
“You don’t have a choice, you are going to create. The only thing you get to choose is what you’re going to create in your life.”
Curious about becoming a digital nomad? Jessica suggested these actions to start exploring your possibilities:
1) Think about how you can decrease your overall expenses.
2) Once you decide what you really want, you can cut out the fluff from of your spending.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Here are a few pics of Jess’ van she calls home!
Connect With Jessica