How do you feel about your relationship with money? Lynne Somerman wants to help you change your relationship with money to gain your financial independence!
She’s the founder and CEO of her own financial coaching business. As she says, she helps entrepreneurs “feel less sad and stupid about their money.”
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Lynne’s approach for evaluating the return on investment (ROI) in her business.
- How to create a budget that really works.
- Why she believes no one really knows what to do with their money.
- How her relationship with money has changed as she’s built her business.
- Why business is about being really helpful to others.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Purge your life
- Align your habits
- Reframe your mindset
- Manage your energy
- Change your relationship with money
How Lynne Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Focus on knowing the clients and being as helpful as she can. 2) Focus on the money and try to get twice as much out of things as she puts in. 3) Create consistent content.
- Ideal work environment: Alone and away from her house, in an office with a door.
- Superpower: Persistence
- Favorite productivity tool: Toggl time tracking app
“I teach people that budgeting is about telling your money what to do before your emotions do.”
“Self-employment is self-care.”
“If you can’t manage $1,000, you can’t manage $10,000”.
If you’re looking to do something about changing your relationship with money, Lynne says this is step one:
1) Get awareness around your relationship with money by getting really present with when money is coming in and out of your life.
2) Don’t necessarily do anything with that information, just focus on bringing your mind to those moments.
3) Notice the moments and notice any self-talk that’s coming up.