Josh Haynam shares how to build your community using quizzes.
He saw a glaring hole in the way his web development and marketing clients were acquiring new leads. He used that opportunity to pivot his business to focus on it exclusively, helping him recently pass the million-dollar-mark in revenue.
Josh is a co-founder of Interact Quiz Builder. He helps his clients target and engage their ideal customers by providing them with the most relevant content and information.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How to build your own operating structure.
- Feel more fulfilled by working directly with the people your work is helping.
- Get unstuck by talking to people.
- Learn how many people Josh says you need to engage to validate your idea.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build your community
- Self-direct your learning
- Align your habits
- Manage your energy
How Josh Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7:00 am
- Superpower: Taking an idea, running with it, and not stopping.
- Regains focus by: Praying.
- Favorite productivity tool: Time blocking.
- Peak hours per day: 8, broken up into chunks.
- 90-day goal: Write at least 45 blog posts.
“There’s always something else to do and I think that can become overwhelming if you don’t give yourself a time to stop and a time to recuperate and rest.”
“Everything comes from the people that you actually work with and the only way you can dig into that is by actually connecting and talking to them.”
“You have to talk to people in order to understand them. You don’t, just by default, know what they’re thinking.”
If you have an idea, Josh recommends this as the best way to get started:
Reach out to people who have done it and ask for their advice and experiences.