I want to introduce you to the most resilient entrepreneur I know: Swarnav Pujari. You might recall I interviewed him a couple of years ago back in Episode 026 when he was just considering dropping out of college.
I’m bringing him back because he can teach you why the art of resilience is so critical for sustaining your motivation. He’s also going to share lessons on how to build resilience to build your business.
He was rejected hundreds of times when he sought funding for his renewable energy startup TouchLight. He creates floor tiles that generate and capture energy as people walk on them. In fact, he’s installed them at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- What he’s learned from competing in 50+ different startup competitions, as well as getting rejected by 700+ investors.
- Why social capital comes before financial capital.
- How an innovation for creating his kinetic tiles lead to the creation of a new 3D printing business.
- How to think about networking as a value exchange and value alignment.
- Advice for how to have the tough conversations with your loved ones when you’re ready to take total ownership of your life.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story
- Embrace discomfort
- Build resilience to build your business
- Align your habits
“Everything is network and who you know, right? But unless you have the first touchpoint, you don’t have a network.”
“If you’re not willing to sacrifice a lot for what you’re doing on a day to day basis, then you’re not willing to take the hurdles that come with it.”
“I’ve definitely made good progress and progress is success.”