Even if you aren’t pursuing a career in law, you’re going to learn a ton about how to design your working by using yourself as the starting point from Jamie Lieberman!
And if you are an attorney or considering a career in law, she’s going to share insights on how to build a law firm on your terms.
She’s the foudner of Hashtag-Legal, a law firm focused on serving the needs of digital creatives and entrepreneurs.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How Jamie is recovered from the terrible parts of traditional law by creating her own practice.
- Why her first child inspired her to change her career path.
- How she mashed up her legal and blogging skills to discover new work opportunities.
- Why you want to experiment with work that might not interest you at first.
- Jamie provides some advice on how to hire a lawyer for your business.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Reframe your mindset
- Purge Your Life
- Practice self-awareness
- Self-direct your learning
How Jamie Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 7:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Get a workout in at some point during the day. 2) Timeblocking to lay out her schedule clearly. 3) Not living in her email and only working on emails at certain points in the day.
- Superpower: Making really hard, often scary, topics seem easy and accessible.
- Definition of success: Doing the job she wants to do on her terms.
- Regains focus by: Walking away and getting some air or taking 15 minutes and writing something.
- 90-day goal: Get her 2020 speaking strategy complete.
“Be open to things that you may think you don’t know.”
“Once you get comfortable in the chaos, life gets easier.”
“Be open to things you may not be interested in at all.”
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Jamie